Club Leader Resources
This page is designed for the 4-H Unit Volunteer, often referred to as the Club Leader. The main role of a 4-H Unit Volunteer is to:
- Coordinate (by managing and facilitating) the volunteer team that provides support, guidance, and direction to 4-H members and the unit.
- Serve as the primary contact person for the unit with the county 4-H YDP staff and the county 4-H council.
- Promotes the 4-H unit, and its mission and programs to the community.
- Ensures compliance with and adherence to University of California 4-H YDP policies, procedures and core values by parents, adult volunteers and members.
- Provides a safe environment that fosters positive youth development.
The 4-H Unit Volunteer ensures that the unit is organized by arranging for the unit to:
- Communicate with the county 4-H YDP Staff, to ensure all required paperwork and reports are complete for the unit.
- Ensure that two adult volunteers are present at meetings.
- Ensure that all projects are being led by an appointed UCANR 4-H Volunteer project leader.
- Work with youth officers before the unit meeting to plan the agenda, OR appoint another 4-H Volunteer to serve as an officer advisor for this role.
- Plan to seek new members and to recognize graduating members.
- Plan and evaluate with officers the units’ yearly program and activities.
- Annually conduct project enrollment in coordination with trained Club Volunteer Enrollment Coordinator (VEC).
*Please make sure to continue to visit this site for updates and new resources.
Annual Due Dates & Report Forms
Annual Due Dates 2019-2020
Club Project Sheets 2019 2020
Club Planning Guide
CA 4-H Youth Member Enrollment Packet 2020 2021
CA 4-H Youth Member Enrollment Packet 2020 2021 SPANISH
CA 4-H Volunteer Application Packet 2020 2021
CA 4-H Volunteer Application Packet 2020 2021 SPANISH
For more Unit Volunteer Resources, please visit the California 4-H YDP website's Club Leader Resources page.
Event Planning Information
Annually, clubs choose an event to host. The following documents are aids to help guide you in the planning process. Some of these forms may need revising. As you go through the planning process, feel free to update and provide the 4-H Office with your revisions so that they can be updated.
Fundraiser Approval Form
Fundraiser Report of Funds
OPEN HOUSE Things to Do
CO RECORD BOOK JUDGING Things to Do
OFFICERS TRAINING Things to Do
AWARDS NIGHT Things to Do
FAVORITE FOODS DAY Things to Do
LIFE SKILLS JUDGING DAY Things to Do
PRESENTATION DAY Things to Do
LIVESTOCK JUDGING DAY Things to Do
BREEDING SHOW Things to Do
FASHION REVUE Things to Do
FUR AND FEATHERS Things to Do
STILL EXHIBITS Things to Do
Fun Night Planning- The following documents may be useful in planning the countywide fundraiser for Tehama County 4-H Council.
Incentives and Recognition can be a big part of the events. Be sure you are following California 4-H guidelines as well as your council guidelines.
Previous years Premium Books are very helpful in developing a current book. Some of the work and thought process has already been tried, and sometimes these books need revising as events change. Remember that all premium books and entry forms must be approved by the 4-H Program Representative before publicizing.
Favorite Foods Day PREMIUM BOOK 2019
Favorite Foods Day ENTRY FORM 2019
Pres Day Entry Info 2019
Showmanship Expo Breed Show Premium Book
Fashion Review 2019 Entry Packet
Fur and Feathers Premium Book 2019
Still Exhibit Premium Book 2019