University of California
Area Irrigation and Water Resources AdvisorCooperative Extension Glenn County
821 E. South Street
Orland, CA 95963
Ph.D. Plant and Environmental Science, New Mexico State University. 2021
B.Sc. Agriculture and Community Development, New Mexico State University. 2016
SpecialtyPrecision irrigation and drought mitigation strategies for tree crops
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Pasture - Irrigated
- Fruit and Nut Crop
- Conservation and Efficient Use of Water
- Soil, Plant, Water, Nutrient Relationships
- Drainage and Irrigation Systems and Facilities
- Water Quality, Quantity, and Security
- Mokari, Esmaiil; Samani, Zohrab, et al. (2022). Development of a new UAV-thermal imaging based model for estimating pecan evapotranspiration. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture. 194.
- Pierce, C.; Milliron, L. (2023). March Walnut Tasks. Pacific Nut Producer. 29:3.
- Pierce, C. (2023). Vegetation for Infiltration. Sacramento Valley Walnut News. February.
- Niederholzer, F; Pierce, C. (2022). Almond Orchard Management Considerations - March & April. Sacramento Valley Almond News. March.
- Niederholzer, F.; Jarvis-Shean, K., et al. (2022). Fertilizing Almonds after a Frost. Sacramento Valley Orchard Source Website. May 18.
- Pierce, C.; Milliron, L. (2022). Has It Been a Wet Winter? Sacramento Valley Orchard Source Website. February 24.
- Niederholzer, F.; Jarvis-Shean, K., et al. (2022). Irrigating Freeze Damaged Almonds in a Drought. Sacramento Valley Orchard Source Website. May 11.
- Pierce, C. (2022). Late-season Irrigation Management in Prune. Sacramento Valley Prune Newsletter. August.
- Pierce, C.; Milliron, L. (2022). Late-Season Irrigation Strategies for Almond. Glenn County Farm Bureau Newsletter. June.
- Jarvis-Shean, K. (2022). Mid to Late-season Drought Strategies for Walnut Orchards. Sacramento Valley Walnut News. June.
- Pierce, C. (2022). Vegetation for Infiltration. Sacramento Valley Almond News. December.
- Pierce, C. (2020). Revisiting Drip Irrigation for New Mexico Pecans. West Coast Nut. July 10.
- Pierce, C. A.; Stringam, B. L., et al. (2019). "Assessing Water Use Efficiency in Field-Grown Pecans Under a Partial Root Zone Drying Irrigation Regime." Hortscience 54(9): S329-S329.
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Olive - Member